Saturday, July 02, 2005

Tour de France predictions

For what they're worth (very little) here are my predictions.

If anybody other than Armstrong, Ullrich, Basso, or Vinokourov win (I rank them in about that order) I'll be surprised. Even though I think Vinokourov's got a Tour in him, I'd be pretty surprised if he wins this year, in part due to the wierd dynamics of being on the same team as Ullrich. I'll be very surprised if Basso does not finish at least on the podium.

Barring accident or illness, Robbie McEwen for the green jersey.

Is Axel Merckx going for the polka dot jersey?

Thomas Voeckler's not eligible for the white (youth) jersey anymore, and I'm always at a loss in this category. Cancellara? I don't think he can tough it out in the mountains. I do figure him to perform well in today's prolouge, which they're actually calling Stage 1 this year. And it's long, too. What's with that?

CSC for the team classification.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home