I moved blogs long ago. These days you can find me at Magpie Days. I hope you stop by.
The Xpat Files
I'm American. He's Swiss. The Boys are a bit of both. Dispatches from the far side of the Röstigraben. With a little cycling on the side.
Tuesday, May 01, 2012
Friday, October 03, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Dear International Herald Tribune print edition printed in Switzerland:
If you have space in your print edition for a short blurb about Jet Man, you might want to mention that the Swiss Finance Minister had major heart surgery and was in a medically induced coma for two days and that it remains unclear when or if he will return to the government, all in the middle of the worst world financial crisis in decades.
Love and strange priorities,
Saturday, August 30, 2008
It started out as a business relationship, someplace to concentrate on my writing, perhaps a way to meet fellow poets. But it started getting personal. I told a few stories about my children, I shared a few poems. I started spending more and more time there, neglecting other relationships. I'd save up experiences and stories to share there. I realized I was putting my emotional energies someplace else, but I can't give it up.
It's true. I have another blog.
Labels: blog housekeeping
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
This blog is clearly on life-support
June 20? Really? My last post was June 20th? Maddy's comment down there ("why can't I see the countdown clock?") inspired me to at least post some random bulltets of update:
- R. is back from his trip, which is why you can't see the countdown clock. I took it down.
- We survived.
- I had a few classic Great Moments in Parenting, but we survived.
- I do not do well on continued sleep deprivation.
- R. brought back fireman rain boots for Small Boy. He would wear them all day in 30 degree weather if I let him.
- R. also brought back the most authentic little fireman suit I've ever seen. We're hiding it. Because if Small Boy saw it, we'd never get him out of it. I'm waiting for cooler weather.
- Boychen has six teeth. Six!
- Boychen isn't crawling yet but manages to scootch from here to there somehow.
- When Boychen starts to crawl I am so. screwed.
- These are really good.
- Hey guess what? He's got another one of these in November! Oh joy!
- These are really good.
- This blog is clearly on life-support.
Friday, June 20, 2008
You know it is going to be a long day when you have taken a walk, finished with the zoo, eaten a happy meal and exhausted the McPlayland all before noon. And hey, check out the countdown clock in my sidebar. Oh yeah.
On the upside, I fit into a pair of pre-pregnancy summer pants today. Which is nice. Since it's summer.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Euro 08 comes to an end in Bern
Well, Bern's part of playing host to the Euro 08 is over; from here on out we're not hosting any games anymore. Contrary to my concerns, it was really hardly an issue at all. On the three days we hosted the Dutch games the city was at capacity, but it was a friendly capacity. Once the Swiss team crashed out, the Bernese seemed to adopt the Dutch - staff at many restaurants were wearing Dutch jerseys and a lot of shops had "Hup Holland!" ("Go Holland!") banners up. But all in all I have to say the overall "Euro-phoria" was muted, to say the least.