Monday, February 13, 2006

Real life just jumped the shark

So I was watching West Wing, right, and Toby is all, like, squirming in the press briefing room trying to explain how it was that the Vice President of the United States could accidently shoot a man on a hunting trip, right, and keep the news under wraps for like, a day, right, and I'm thinking, oh right, like that would ever happen, this episode sucks more than the Leo Goes to Cuba Episode and....oh, wait. Sorry. That wasn't West Wing. That was CNN.

WARNING!!! I am in Switzerland. I am way behind the US on my West Wings. I do not even know who the Democratic nominee is, though let's face it, the smart money is on tall, dark and yummy. I go to great lengths to live in a West Wing Information Black Hole. Great. Lengths. If anybody leaves some comment that spoils some future West Wing event - remember, I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHO THE DEMOCRATIC NOMINEE IS - I will send you hunting with Dick Cheney. Please. Take pity on me. Some days it's these little things I live for.

Thanks.

UPDATED February 27th: I now know the fictional "West Wing" Democratic nominee and his fictional VP choice. I was not surprised with the nominee but that VP nod came out of nowhere. I mean, huh? Given his fictional health history, huh? Although I guess a history of heart problems doesn't necessarily disqualify you from the Vice Presidency, does it?

4 Comments:

At 00:25 , Blogger Berlinbound said...

Neither do I ... nor do I care.

 
At 17:07 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is amazing how real life sometimes is more unreal than the most gifted script writers can imagine. Being addicted to good series that one can even actually learn something is not too bad. I learnt a lot about the mechanism of American politics and government from West Wing and am lucky that I have THE expert/interpreter available (J of course) to explain what the heck did just happen on West Wing :-)

Small pleasures in life can make a big difference

 
At 23:01 , Blogger Berlinbound said...

I learned the VP shot someone from reading your blog - that's how out of touch I am!

 
At 22:13 , Blogger christina said...

I haven't kept up with Canadian politics *at all*. I know who the new Prime Minister is, but that's about it. Did hear about Dick Cheney though. :-o

To your Mummy question: A lot of Canadians do call their mothers Mum or Mummy, but it seems to be split about evenly between Mum and Mom. My mother called her English mother Mummy and my brothers and I call our mother Mum so my kids automatically call me Mummy as well because I like it. I think most of the friends I grew up with called their mothers Mom, though, so it really doesn't matter.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home