Friday, December 28, 2007

Bureaucracy American style, part two

The US Embassy called today to let me know that the application materials for Boychen's US Passport, Social Security card and Consular Registration of Birth pass muster and we can come in to complete the process anytime during opening hours. The embassy is closed Monday through Wednesday of next week, but seems to be open Thursday and Friday, so maybe we can take care of this by the end of next week. Yay!

And the cold I have must be even worse than it feels, which is pretty awful, because at the end of the phone call the woman said "and Gute Besserig" which is Swiss for get well soon. So I guess I sound like crap.

Next step, Swiss passport and national ID card for the Boychen.

Hm, and probably for me, too. I'm eligible and I've been meaning to do it. It would be time.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 18:52 , Blogger Betsy said...

Just wanted to wish you a happy and healthy start for 2008! Hope that the learning curve has been short with your second child and that you're enjoying your time together as a family! May the new year be prosperous and may your lines at the embassies be short! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home