Monday, December 05, 2005

Arrrrrghh

Before we went to Chicagoland, I emailed an old friend, who now lives in the Northeast but who still has family in Chicagoland, asking if she was going to be in that neck of the woods over Thanksgiving. We went to college together, lost touch, found eachother again, and have kept in touch since. She has a son two weeks older than Small Boy. Her husband is also a college friend of mine. I haven't seen them in fifteen years. It would have been so nice to see them again and to meet their son.

She didn't get my email until Monday. She was in the town next door to my brother's town over Thanksgiving. She was ten minutes away. Ten minutes. I live four thousand miles away, and she was in the town next door, and I missed her.

Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home