Saturday, November 03, 2007

Why aren't you in your office?

R and I ran into Dr. L on the street this morning. We were coming out of the bakery and I saw a face I recognized but couldn't quite place. Honestly, I thought he was either a news anchor or a politician - you know, a recognizable face but not somebody you really know. (I've seen her, her, him and him on the streets of Bern and he noticed me noticing him and said hello. Well, he said "Gruesseuch wohl" but you know, that's hello.) Even when R said hello and shook his hand I thought he was a work colleague; it really took that long to sink in - it was seeing him completely out of context standing outside the bakery and waiting for a tram. What's he doing out roaming in the city? I had the same experience when R and I ran into Dr. Fantabulous in a shopping center once - what are you doing out here in the real world?

I don't think people who've seen my girly bits so up close and personal should just be able to roam the streets like that. It's really disconcerting.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 15:48 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's a creepy halloween story!

How many times did your wash your hands afterwards???

 
At 19:47 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That happened to me at a wedding, once. I'm sure my OBGYN didn't recognize my "face," but after a minute, I recognized his...

 
At 09:58 , Blogger swissmiss said...

Oh at a wedding? That would be MUCH too wierd!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home