Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Is your Haushaltvorrat in order?

When I wrote this post, I wasn't kidding. Something wicked this way comes. If you're not worried about a bird flu pandemic, you're not reading Phantom Scribbler or Effect Measure (Effect Measure is newly added to my links, for now under "The Political"), and you're sleeping better at night than I am.

If you're interested in seeing what the Swiss government advises you to have as 14 days worth of emergency rations (multiply this several times over for bird flu rations), go here for the German, here for the French, here for an English language pdf, and here for the Italian, but the link to the pdf file seems to be missing. (Dare I even joke that given the bad blood between Bernese and Luganese, that might not have been an oversight?)

UPDATE: I fixed the "Something wicked..." link, which comes via Phantom Scribbler.

3 Comments:

At 05:25 , Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Somehow that emergency rations list is very soothing. I have a feeling the apocalypse will be more civilized in Switzerland.

 
At 12:38 , Blogger Berlinbound said...

Just discovered your blog -will certainly return ...
Richard

 
At 19:32 , Blogger swissmiss said...

Welcome to my humble abode, Phantom and thanks for stopping by. Apparantly up until about 10 years ago most Swiss of a certain generation (everybody older than my husband, say) actually took keeping about 10 days of emergency rations in the house, but that's fallen off a lot, so I don't know how many people are actually prepared for anything serious. But I like to think it will be a well-order apocalypse.

Richard - glad you found my blog. I didn't do any recon before moving here so I got hit my culture shock pretty hard. Good luck with your moving decisions.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home