Monday, October 24, 2005

For Lillian


The view from the Grosse Schanze


These fountains in front of the Bundeshaus were completed last summer and instantly turned into the biggest hit in town! All summer little kids were running around through the fountains - in their clothes, in bathing suits, or just totally naked! I think everybody was surprised by what an attraction it turned out to be.


Looking down Kramgasse from the Zytglogge. They've had the lower half of the old town torn up for about 12 months and it's finally finished and looks great.



One of the fountains.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 02:31 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merci Danke Thanks. Now I'm even more homesick!! The pictures are great and the city is BEAUTIFUL :-)
You truely make my day !!!!

 
At 05:08 , Blogger J said...

I know those photos! I've been to Big City before and liked it a lot.

 
At 16:28 , Blogger Choco Pie said...

Beautiful!

 
At 16:59 , Blogger swissmiss said...

Lillian, I read you were feeling homesick and didn't know if the pictures would help or hurt. If they make it worse let me know and I'll take down the post. If you liked them and want me to post more I could.

 
At 02:23 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, soooo sweet. Honest!!!! More, more more lol I'd love one from the Rosengarten playground and a pic of a 'Robinson Spielplatz' :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home