Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The to do list

I have two piles on my desk. (Well, three, but the third is just a pile of "stuff that should be someplace else but is here on my desk for now.") Of the two piles that matter, the pile to the far left has drafts of current writing projects, submissions from my writing workshop classmates that I need to read, and a file of story ideas. It's the pile of "intellectual" things to do.

Then there's the pile next to it, with the mundane things to do. Let's see, for this week we have
  • send baby blanket to J and T

  • send baby monitors for repair

  • respond to Niece's latest letter

  • go to Fremdenpolizei to renew residency permit (this will consume a morning for sure)

  • e-mail sister-in-law to ask if I should renew Niece's gift subscription to Stone Soup

  • e-mail A.

  • write RR back

  • change address on investment even though we already did this

  • complete a privacy statement for said investment

  • change address for the Elternbrief (monthly parenting letters we receive for free)

  • fill out the forms for Gesuch um erleichterte Einbürgerung, i.e. to get my Swiss passport


  • Why is that last one last on the list, you wonder? Wouldn't you think I'd put that first on the list, you ask? Well, since we were told it would take 12 to 18 months to process the application, what's one or two more days.

    5 Comments:

    At 19:46 , Blogger J said...

    addition: Fill in the meme I tagged you with :)

     
    At 11:32 , Blogger christina said...

    Good luck on getting all that done.

    Do you have to give up U.S. citizenship to get the Swiss?

     
    At 03:10 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I had to go to Fremdenpolizei or immigration as they call it here, last week. I HATE going... good luck !!!

     
    At 09:58 , Blogger swissmiss said...

    Christina - Switzerland allows citizens from about 75 countries to carry dual citizenship and the US is on that list. It's actually the US side I need to check with.

    Notice how it's Saturday and I haven't been to immigration yet. Um, ooops!

     
    At 23:55 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just when I thought that was hard and there you are pulling them off. It is nice to once in a while list what you have to. It keeps you from making foolish reasins of not doing something.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home