Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanks

R and I told nobody in our physical day-to-day world about the FET; only Dr L knows we tried and only Dr L knows we failed. It's just the way we are. We didn't tell anybody about the initial IVF, either, and I was 16 weeks along before we told anybody I was pregnant. It was 18 weeks before we told his parents. It's just the way we are. I don't quite know how to handle words of kindness and sympathetic glances; better to keep our trials to ourselves and avoid the whole thing, I say.

But the words of kindness here have been very kind, and they have helped, and I appreciate it, and thank you.

For those of you expecting an expat blog, sorry you got blind-sided by fertility treatment this month. For those of you expecting an infertility blog, sorry about the onions. This blog is a mish-mash, much like life I guess. I would put things in boxes if I could, but I can't. I don't work well that way. I'm not sure I work well this way, either, but it's who I am.

Anyway, thanks.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 14:27 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry. Totally understand you didn't tell anyone. I don't think I would eather. But then, I wouldn't put it on my blog.. i'm more protective about some private things...

 
At 18:50 , Blogger swissmiss said...

Because I blog anonymously I thought it was safe; if I thought people I knew in my phsyical life were reading this I wouldn't have blogged it. And even anonymously I blogged for months before dropping the first hint about Small Boy's beginnings.

But there were days when I wondered why I opened up that topic..

 
At 22:20 , Blogger J said...

Actually, I don't expect anything when I read blogs, I just like to read what's going on in people's lives - good and bad. That didn't come out right, but I hope you understand what I mean. Blogging is about going through people's lives with them (at least to me), not meeting expectations.

 
At 03:07 , Blogger Writer and Nomad said...

mish mash is the order of the day my dear. so is life. and i agree with j. write your life. don't worry about expectations.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home