Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving, expat style

At our Thanksgiving table sat 3 US-Americans, 3 Swiss, 2 Dutch, 1 Frenchman and three children with dual nationalities, no two of whom share the same combination of passports. There was turkey and cranberry sauce and stuffing and salad and potatoes and pumpkin pie and my mother's apple pie. There was wine and water and beer and Möst and conversation and cameras. Dessert with coffee and tea and sugar and cream. This morning there are messy pots, dirty dishes, wine glasses with bottoms stained red. There will be left-overs for lunch and more apple pie to eat tonight.

Thanksgiving, in other words. Expat style. Which looks a lot like Thanksgiving US-style.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 09:43 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha... I just posted about mine and it sounds so similar! A wonderful mixed bunch of our expat friends. It couldn't get any better!

 
At 10:27 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I just found your blog through Julie's list. I'm not sure which part of Switzerland you're living in, German/French, but I'm guess we're sort of neighbors. Anyway, just wanted to hello and good luck on your FET.

 
At 13:10 , Blogger swissmiss said...

traveller I just commented on how wonderful your meal sounded

misschris - thanks for stopping by and well wishes - beta on Tuesday - I'm in the German part, so we're distantly neighbors

 
At 02:29 , Blogger junebee said...

Sounds delicious. How did everyone like the turkey? Supposedly, turkey is a very American thing and most non-Americans don't like it.

 
At 15:50 , Blogger Berlinbound said...

I hope you had a good one ... I all but forgot about it - didn't even call home. Shame on me ...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home