Friday, November 30, 2007

Bullets of NaBloPoMo wrap-up


  • 29 posts.
  • 28 days.
  • 2 days missed.
  • But I had a good excuse.
  • At least I think so.
  • Most of the posts were really uninteresting and appallingly short.
  • But this one was sort of good.
  • Anybody else think it's interesting that I went into labor the day after I wrote "I wanted to write about how it's taken forever to get here but that doesn't matter anymore either. Because it may have taken forever to get here, but I'm here."
  • I almost wrote in that post "It's taken me forever to fall in love with this baby, but I am in love with this baby at last" but some sense of propriety made me delete it.
  • Although my ambivalence about changing everything has not been kept entirely secret, neither had it been so clearly stated and seeing it so starkly written made me reach for the delete key.
  • But it had been written and it had been thought.
  • And The Boychen, lodged just beneath my heart, heard it.
  • He heard me think "I'm in love with this baby at last."
  • And he said "Then I'm coming now!"
  • And he came.
  • Three weeks early.
  • On the day of his choosing.
  • Like his big brother.
  • My sons are willful that way.
  • May you always be willful my sons.
  • And may you always do great things on the day of your choosing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 16:02 , Blogger Maria said...

It's amazing how they kick themselves in to our hearts. :)

 
At 04:24 , Blogger moo said...

May you always be willful my sons.

And may you always do great things on the day of your choosing.


I LOVE THIS.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home