Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Cookies

Small Boy and I made chocolate chip cookies this afternoon. It's the first time he's really helped. He added the baking soda and the salt to the flour, cracked the eggs, and stirred the dry ingredients into the butter-sugar mix. Of course I helped him help - I measured out the baking soda and salt properly and helped him with the stirring (that dough gets thick for a little boy!) - but he really did help. And he had the patience to stand there on his step stool watching - or stirring fake ingredients - when he couldn't help and he asked "what's that?" "what are you doing?" "can I?" as we worked. He's already pretty good at pressing out shapes with cookie cutters (we use them on the Play-Doh) - I see Christmas cookies in our future!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 19:41 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's sweet. The vision I've always kept in the back of mind during all of our years of wanting a child, was someday getting to bake cookies with them. BTW, I had always heard that clocolate chips were nearly impossible to find in CH. That you had to go to an import store or something? I always found that odd since the world's largest producer of chocolate chips (DH's Co.) was based in Vevey...Hope they were yummy!

 
At 20:25 , Blogger swissmiss said...

Yes, I buy Nestle - the Swiss company - chips in the US and bring them back here. Carting coals to Newcastle, I tell you, but they don't sell them here. Insane! (proper brown sugar is also a fill up the suitcase in the US item, btw)

Boy had fun making the cookies but was surprisingly lukewarm about eating them. He liked eating just the chocolate chips though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home