Thursday, July 07, 2005

I blame the Swiss Army for light blogging

My husband has been doing military service since early Monday morning. He finishes up and gets home tonight, thank heavens, because Small Boy and I are getting very bored with one another and need a third party to spice things up. With the rainy weather we've been having all week we've only made it out for one walk, so we're both getting a little stir-crazy too. And since Small Boy does not sleep during the day, I've hand my hands full of Small Boy-ity goodness. Not a lot of time left over for blogging (or cooking, or bathing, or Tour de France watching...). It's a constant surprise to me how something so small can be so all-consuming. And exhausting.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 08:19 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok - it is totally fair to blame the Swiss Army. "We" are tough - we can take it ;-)

Now in case anybody wonders - Switzerland has a "militia" Army. Now please do not compare us with what probably many americans would consider a militia. I think we can be best compared with the US Army Reserve. We train for 3 weeks (soldiers) or 4 weeks (officers) each year. All mostly in one deployment. Some information about the Swiss Army is available here (in German, French, Italian - sorry no english yet).

I on my part am in the heavy tank brigade 11 and last week we had a tactical training course where it was us against the simulator. Didn't do too badly actually. At my level (general staff officer) one of the nice advantages is that we don't do a month "at once" but do our service spreadout during the year. A short short overview on what the tank brigade 11 is can be accessed here in german - but it has some pictures of our tools.

Back at home now - trying to help the boy to get to sleep.

R

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home