Monday, April 03, 2006

...and his (US-)Americanness

In case Small Boy's (US-)Americanness ever comes into question, in case the Consular Report of Birth and US passport aren't enough, I can always just point to this cultural marker. When I push the stroller past Starbuck's without actually going in, Small Boy cries, points to the door, and strains his neck to watch the store until it receeds in the distance.

I guess I spend a bit of time in there, huh?

R and I can't decide if we're appalled or proud.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 16:52 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm - come to Vancouver, he'll be pointing to too many of those darn shops. At least he's aware!

 
At 08:56 , Blogger swissmiss said...

We just have the one here. Zurich has several, though. Back in DC there seems to be one every three blocks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home