Monday, April 24, 2006

Cycling Update: Liège-Bastogne-Liège and Tour of Georgia

Alejandro Valverde wins Liege-Bastogne-Liege; Damiano Cunego is showing good form ahead of the Giro d'Italia with a third place and Ivan Basso is a respectable tenth. Basso seems to be following the Armstrong strategy and gearing everything towards France, so a tenth in Liege is a good finish for him.

Meanwhile, Stateside, Floyd Landis defends his Tour of Georgia title. Add that to his Paris-Nice title, and the Phonak rider is having a good early season. Phonak seems to have a wee Tour de France curse, but Landis is looking ready.

Jan Ullrich has confirmed for the Tour of Romandie, which runs from Tuesday to Sunday, so we'll be getting a peak at his spring form soon.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 21:47 , Blogger J said...

Funnily enough, with as much as I love cycling, I really have no interest in cycling races and things like that.

 
At 09:38 , Blogger swissmiss said...

J, I find the less I get out to ride myself, the more I like watching the races. You're better off doing the actual thing yourself!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home