Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Things fall apart

If there is anybody left still reading me, I'm sorry about the lack of posts. Even before the Easter Weekend Puke Fest '06, I was suffering from a spring blogging drought. But since the Easter Weekend to End all Easter Weekends it's been a disaster over here. The worst of it lasted just three days; the final throw-up came on Easter Monday. But since then Small Boy's had a lingering sense of discomfort, a mild fear of his bed where the throwing-uping all began, awful to non-existant napping, night waking, a sudden resurgence of nursing, and did I mention he appears to be getting five teeth simultaneously? You heard me, five. I'll repeat that so it's clear that's not a typo. Five. Five five five five five. My whole schedule has been blown to pieces like a match-stick house in a tornado. I'm neither writing nor blogging, not swimming, not cooking, lord knows I'm not sleeping. It's stunning, simply stunning, how such a small person can blow my life inside out; I'm wandering around like a shell-shocked village dog wondering what happened. I hesitate to say he seems to be settling down a bit, lest I curse it, but he appears to be settling down a bit. He's actually napping in his bed, hence I can type this mea culpa. I'll be back. Sometime. Hopefully soon.

In the meantime, go read This Non-American Life post about the Zurich tradition of burning the Böögg that I don't have time to post myself. Plus she has pictures.

(P.S. It took 10 minutes 28 seconds and it means we should have a nice summer.)

1 Comments:

At 07:07 , Blogger Miss Kim said...

I hope small boy feels better soon, and that things get back to a semblance of normality. But not too normal as that's a bit dull for blogging :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home