Thursday, August 24, 2006

Small Boy Books/Bücher

I've entered most of Small Boy's library into LibraryThing. I haven't entered a few books that are in hiding until the Long Airplane Trip or any of the books that he has over at the Grandparents' house. Interesting fact: 31 of the 47 Small Boy books I've entered are in German or Dialket and only 16 are in English. The three books-in-hiding are in German, as are all the books over at the Farm, so his library is pretty unbalanced at the moment, not that it matters much. I'm not thrilled with the English-language children's book selection here, and they're extremely expensive; and I don't like ordering blind from Amazon if I don't have a chance to see the illustrations, so I've been waiting for the upcoming trip to the States to buy a load of books for the Boy and then ship them home book rate. So for the time being his library is German-dominant. His favorite book, however, is in English: Click, Clack, Moo: Cows that Type, which he requests by name: "Deh Duh Mmmmmm." When he wants Giggle, Giggle, Quack he asks for "Udduh Mmmmmm" (or Other Mooo, meaning the other book with cows in it).

Or, he's making a joke. Udduh mmmmmm. Udder, moo. Get it?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 23:27 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a big children library of english books from the UK, if you would like to have some good titles let me know
mamarazzi@gmx.net

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home