Saturday, September 16, 2006

On again

My on again off again FET is on again. We'll be cycling in November, which is pretty much when we were going to cycle before I freaked out and decided that November was too late and tried to squeeze in an August cycle which I then cancelled after freaking out that it was too soon. I find the timing oddly perfect - odd because just a few months ago I thought this same schedule had us waiting far too long before all the right people were in town at all the right times. But now it all just seems to fit: we can go on vacation worry free and I can drink wonderful red wine with my elk medallions and prime rib and buffalo steaks. Dr. L will be away when we return - attending the ASRM conference, actually - but his office will re-open just about the time I should start a cycle. I have the Progynova in hand, so I can start taking that CD3 without having to see Dr L again. We'll both be in town the entire month of November so he can do all the monitoring, and of course he'll perform the transfer. It means not returning to the States for Thanksgiving this year, but that's okay: we've developed a wonderful expats' Thanksgiving tradition here and last year I was sorry to have missed it even though it was wonderful to see my family.

I feel good about this schedule, and it's been really good for my body to be neither injecting, pregnant, nor nursing for six whole weeks in a row (we weaned August 1). After a roundabout trip, I ended up with the schedule we had in the first place. But I think the trip was necessary.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 04:46 , Blogger Choco Pie said...

I read half this post before I realized which kind of cycling you were talking about. Then I looked at the profile you wrote (the blurb just underneath your gorgeous header) and realized that the "cycling" you mention in the profile could be meant either way.

Anyway, good luck. We're all rooting for you.

 
At 00:01 , Blogger christina said...

Crossing my fingers for you...

 
At 03:39 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippie,wishing you only the best :-) Another little miracle.

 
At 01:14 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on making a decision. I'm still weighing everything on my end, but I'm wishing you the best.

 
At 20:20 , Blogger swissmiss said...

Sandra - I wish I could say I had been clever with "cycling on the side" but I honestly never thought of it until you mentioned it!

Christina and Lillian - thanks!

Hi Brooklyn Girl, thanks for stopping by and thanks for the well wishes. It sounds like our Boys are a bit alike - all afterburner, no rudder! Good luck with your weighing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home