Thursday, November 09, 2006

I hate freedom, too! Now with a conspiracy-theory UPDATE

Via Raising WEG:

Your 'Do You Want the Terrorists to Win' Score: 96%

You are a terrorist-loving, Bush-bashing, "blame America first"-crowd traitor. You are in league with evil-doers who hate our freedoms. By all counts you are a liberal, and as such cleary desire the terrorists to succeed and impose their harsh theocratic restrictions on us all. You are fit to be hung for treason! Luckily George Bush is tapping your internet connection and is now aware of your thought-crime. Have a nice day.... in Guantanamo!

Do You Want the Terrorists to Win?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz



I'm pretty sure I lost my 4 percentage points answering "yes" to question 17, "Do you believe 9/11 'changed everything.'" I suppose strictly speaking I believe that the response to September 11, the ways in which it was exploited and turned into a club with which one could beat one's political opponents to death, the fact that September 11 was used to pass the PATRIOT Act and drive us to a war that is now kicking our asses changed everything, so when I say yes to that question it's really not what they mean, but I said yes anyway.

I was in Switzerland on September 11th. Within hours the gates in front of the US Embassy were drowning in flowers and candles. People from my German class called to see if I was okay. The Bernese Feurwehr association donated thousands of Swiss Francs to the fund for families of NYC fire-fighters. The city stopped that following Friday - Europe stopped that following Friday - for a moment of silence. If you listened, you could hear the sound of Swiss hearts shattering everywhere you turned.

That is gone today, all gone.

So I maintain that yes, September 11th changed everything, but not in the way Bush means it when he says it. He doesn't even know the myriad of ways in which everything has changed.

UPDATED to add: Should I be worried that somebody somewhere in Washington, D.C. clicked on this post after using The Google to search for "terrorist win." (Just the one terrorist, mind you.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 19:14 , Blogger junebee said...

Cool, I scored a zero. That's the only test I was happy to get a zero on!

 
At 21:47 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Junebee - my wife is peering over my shoulder and is saying that I should be nice to you because she likes you :-) but how could you get a zero on that test? Maybe I am a Eurosissy (or would that be a Swisssissy - or Swissy) but... :-)

 
At 23:16 , Blogger Hawkeyi's Blog said...

scripted pathetic attacks. Time to abandon FOX NEWS propaganda and re-join the human race. Sick, Sick Sick...The Election is over, America has risen, time to heal, and understand the history since 9/11.

 
At 20:03 , Blogger swissmiss said...

Junebee - not even 4% for freedom fries? ;-)

scrubs and shines - I don't think there's a big mystery behind what happened on September 11 - I think 19 people with box cutters did what they set out to do. My complaint is the way the Bush Administration used those events so cynically and to the detriment of our country. I'm not really conspiracy theory, more mainstream Frank Rich. The truth is depressing enough without embellishment

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home