Thursday, April 05, 2007

Poetry Thursday - A poem to a poet

This week's Poetry Thursday challenge - to write a poem for a poet - was particularly challenging for me, for reasons I wrote about in this post. I have to confess it; at this point in my life I couldn't begin to pick out a poet for whom I'd write a poem. I'm still too far away from poetry. Rather an embarrassing admission to make in a Poetry Thursday post, but there it is.

But I do have a question for the author of this couplet, for I have always wondered:

So did the wind come heed your call
and send the blessed rain?
And did your love throw wide her arms
to draw you in again?

You can find links to more homages here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 15:14 , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

When I first started reading poetry when I was very young, I wondered who was this Anonymous who had written so many of the old poems!

 
At 16:56 , Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Creative too to write a poem for anonymous poet..:D

 
At 23:12 , Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I suppose we will never be given an answer to your question, for Anonymous would need to step forward and risk all.

Loved your take on this prompt.

 
At 23:58 , Blogger Michelle said...

Ah, very clever. All I can say is I hope so, for Anonymous' sake.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home