Saturday, July 09, 2005

Why I didn't do so well at Language Week

For any new visitors, don't let this German post scare you off! This is an English-language blog, and this explains what I'm doing this week.

Ich schafte es nicht, täglich etwas auf Deutsch zu schreiben. Warum nicht? Ich könnte sagen, der Kleine Bueb, was die Wahrheit wäre, denn der Kleine Bueb viele Arbeit macht. (Ja, okay, auch viel Spass.) Ich könnte sagen, weil mein Mann in Militärsdient ging, das wäre auch die Wahrheit. Während dieser Zeit musste ich alles allein für den Kleinen Bueb tun, was ziemlich viel sein könnte. Aber ehrlich gesagt, ich schrieb nicht so viel auf Deutsch weil es ein bisschen depremierend ist. Mein schriftliches Deutsch, das nie so gut war, ist wesentlich schlecter geworden. Man würde nie wissen, wie viel Kurse ich besuchte! Ach! Ja, ziemlich depremierend.

I didn't manage to write something in German every day. Why not? I could say Small Boy, which would be true, because the Small Boy is a lot of work (Okay, a lot of fun, too.) I could say because my husband was in the military, which would also be true. During this time I had to do everything for the Small Boy myself, which can be quite lot. But, to be honest, I didn't write in German so much because it's a bit depressing. My written German, which was never so good to begin with, has clearly gotten worse. One would never know how many courses I've taken! Ugh! Yeah, a bit depressing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 09:51 , Blogger christina said...

I think your written German is great,and I'm not just saying that. You have a feel for it. Getting your thoughts down on paper in a foreign language isn't always easy.

 
At 14:16 , Blogger swissmiss said...

Thanks. I was taking all these courses to prepare for the ZMP - I was supposed to take it in June. Yeah, I was overly optimistic about what I would be able to get done with a new baby in the house. Needless to say I didn't sit for the exam and now I feel like I'm just sliding back and sliding back...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home