Sunday, October 30, 2005

Train

Sitting in the train, Dave Matthews playing on my new toy, the book for Book Club on the seat beside me. Staring out the window at the Swiss countryside on this improbable summer day in late October. I lose myself in lyrics, in colors on the hillside, in this rare solitude. I want to stay on the train as it approaches my station, to stay in this place - quiet, still, alone, the sun through the window, me. Silence. The rattle of the train, the music, a passenger coughing, they add up to a silence in which my mind can wander.

3 Comments:

At 20:11 , Blogger J said...

I know what you mean. I had an experience like that while cycling today.

 
At 10:22 , Blogger Berlinbound said...

A good place to be, if only for a moment. How lucky you are to have even found it ...

 
At 17:15 , Blogger Miss Kim said...

I have to admit my Ipod has been a life saver for me here in Albania with the power cuts everyday. I love llistening to audioboooks on it. Nice to find your blog and hope you don't mind I've put a link to it on mine.
Kim (in Albania)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home