Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Call me an alarmist

I had my appointment (16 weeks) with Dr. Fantabulous this morning. According to their office scale, and don't we all love the office scale, I've gained 900 grams (1.9 pounds) since my last appointment four weeks ago; the baby has grown nicely and "weighs"* approximately 250 grams (half a pound); baby was waving happily at us; and Dr. Fantabulous was remarkably, neigh shockingly, unconcerned about my weight and perfectly happy with how everything is going.

So, sigh of relief.

We missed by one day the new 4-D ultrasound machine the practice has acquired - it'll be up and running tomorrow. Our next appointment is in four weeks (falling on Friday the 13th, thank you very much) so we'll be able to test run the 4-D machine then.

* At some point I'm going to bother to look into how they make these estimates, but it's so far down on the To Do list (um, apply for Swiss citizenship and update will, anyone?) it's not even funny.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 14:34 , Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

I'm so glad!

 
At 16:57 , Blogger swissmiss said...

I'm especially relieved because for the past two weeks I have been eating at every meal up to the point of wanting to throw up and then forcing down a few more bites, so it's nice to think I can eat like a normal pregnant woman and not have to force feed myself. I might start enjoying food again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home