Monday, January 28, 2008

Random bullets of updates


  • Boychen's daytime sleep situation is slowly getting better. Why, he's asleep right now. In the house. Stationary. (Well, sort of - I'm rocking his little chair with my foot. But hey. We're in the house.) I took a piece of advice out of Weissbluth and started instituting shorter periods of wakefulness between naps. Seems to help. The day naps are still short, but they exist. And did I mention we're in the house? Stationary?

  • Boychen is smiling more.

  • He rolled over onto his right side yesterday.

  • Small Boy showed some of the first signs of jealousy yesterday, invovling Bahdi (Grandma). She was, fairly enough, gaga-ing over Boychen smiles and Small Boy started getting all "look at me!" Also fairly enough.

  • We've taken Small Boy ice skating twice. He loves it. Post with pictures soon.

  • Saving the best for last, there seems to be a general concensus that I'm circling the drain of post-partum depression (PPD). I'm going back to see Dr. FeelGood and will probably keep a prescription for an SSRI in my back pocket.

UPDATE on the updates: That nap in the apartment lasted less than 30 minutes followed by 45 minutes pointless of rocking, swaddling, rolling, and heartbeat CDs followed by yet another expletive deleted walk. And even the walk was only mildly successful. What is wrong with this child?! Is he trying to kill me?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 16:13 , Blogger Betsy said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

 
At 22:36 , Blogger christine said...

Oh dear I´ve definitely been there before. I really feel for you. It will get better I promise.

 
At 14:03 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no. I am sorry to hear The Boychen is not so much about the sleeping these days. I do hope he improves soon.

 
At 22:52 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is just what you don't want to hear, because everybody is telling you this, but: It is going to be better. And you don't have to wait long. Give Boychen and small boy to husband, they should go out for a walk or go and visit Swiss grandparents, while you catch up some sleep at home. This helps more then some SSRI.

 
At 12:02 , Blogger swissmiss said...

It does have to get better doesn't it? Just a matter of holding on until it does.

Mamarazzi - I believe - as do three doctors - that my situation certainly does require some medication at this point. Hopefully I'll get to a point where sleep and free time alone are enough, but I'm not there yet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home