Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Exhaling a little more

We had the ultra-sound today and everything looks just great. Size is measuring on target with a nice 160 heartbeats per minute. There was a moment - a long, nervewracking, uncomfortable moment - when Dr. Fantabulous wasn't sure there was just one embryo. To make matters worse the ultrasound machine kept picking up both the fetal heartbeat and the pulse surging in the nascent umbillical cord and defaulting to the multiples program. R and I did everything possible short of not going forward with an FET at all (a thought that also crossed our minds) to reduce the chances of multiples (see here, here, and here; parents of multiples who might be reading this please don't take that the wrong way, I just seriously doubt my own ability to cope with caring for multiples on top of the Small Boy), so we were releived when Dr. Fantabulous was able to definitively declare Singleton. A perfect looking almost 7 weeks along singleton.

And I walked out of his office with a box of 100 prenatal vitamins.

Exhale.

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 15:24 , Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Congrats sweetie!!!!!!
That is so excitng.

 
At 15:27 , Blogger Choco Pie said...

That is so SO! wonderful. Fantastic.

 
At 15:52 , Blogger a/k/a Nadine said...

Yay!!!

I am so happy for you.

 
At 09:17 , Blogger Sara said...

that is great!!! so happy for you guys!!

 
At 01:30 , Blogger jo(e) said...

It's nice to hear some good news this week!

 
At 03:00 , Blogger junebee said...

Congratulations! I don't take it personally. I am a parent of multiples. I wonder how anyone could handle them in addition to another child. I can barely handle the two of them as it is.

 
At 03:43 , Blogger Christina Rosalie said...

I am thrilled for you!

xo,
Christina

 
At 06:20 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so happy for you! Lovely, lovely good news.

 
At 15:34 , Blogger SwissTwist said...

This is such wonderful news! Congratulations!!!

 
At 20:50 , Blogger Betsy said...

Wonderful! I needed to hear something positive this evening! Thanks, I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you... :)

 
At 22:21 , Blogger christine said...

Yipee!! So pleased and relieved for you.

 
At 13:06 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Wow, this is really, really, wonderful news! I'm happy for you and R!

 
At 16:30 , Blogger christina said...

Oh wow, what wonderful news!

 
At 07:01 , Blogger J said...

wooo hooo! It worked! Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home