Friday, May 16, 2008

Yes, I'm alive, aka the briefest of updates.

Some days there is not enough coffee in the world; nor are there enough hours in the day.

I've sent out some poems. Three of them came back to me like children who did not get into the college of their choice, and three are sitting in some editor's pile waiting their turn.

We're trying to get our sleeping household in order. As in everybody in their proper beds. Boychen did surprisingly well last night; but once again I have given birth to a son who wakes at 5:45. Good lord. If those two boys didn't resemble us and each other so strongly I'd suspect lab error. Seriously, how can R and I - for whom sleeping is an Extreme Sport - have produced these roosters crowing at the sun? Stupid farming genes.

The weather, at least, is lovely.

We bought Small Boy a new bicycle helmet because the last one vanished off the face of the earth and it is strictly forbidden to ride anything with wheels sans helmet and Small Boy was missing his Like-a-Bike so. We got him a Giro brand, like his mama. I'm a Giro girl 'til death - back in the day I cracked a few helmets but never a skull. Giro's been good to me.

Boychen will be six months old on Monday. I can't believe it. He can sit up unassisted for brief periods. He puts everything in his mouth. He's got two teeth. He is a happy child. He loves his brother. He covets the cat. He's eating baby food. I leave you with a picture:

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 19:18 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you posted! :) Congratulations on the 3 poems awaiting publication.

Love the photo of the Boychen...especially the fact that so much of the solids ended up on the bib. And on the nose. And on the chin. :)

Good spoon manovering, though!

 
At 07:28 , Blogger SwissTwist said...

Boychen is adorable and looks quite adept at using a spoon already.

Best of luck with the poems, I hope they return with gold stars :-)

 
At 10:37 , Blogger swissmiss said...

Oh, no Kinuk, they're just awaiting being read. But I like your way of reading that sentence better! And yes, we're doing a lot of laundry these days.

Swisstwist! Good to hear from you! Glad to see you're back...you'd gone password protected for a while there...

 
At 21:07 , Blogger christine said...

He´s really grown and two teeth wow. We´re working on that. Umm sort of.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home