Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sweet surrender

If I bought a chocolate bar every time a new flavor came out, a brand repackaged, the store had a sale, or something simply looked good I'd be a lot more than a mere 7 or 8 pounds overweight. Entire aisles of choclatey goodness cry out "buy me" and I have learned to turn a deaf ear. I briskly walk by those special displays at the entrance to the store that try to snare you before you've even collected your cart. I don't venture down the chocolate aisle - and yes, it has its own entire aisle: think cereal in the US. R buys the chocolate in this house. Usually. Today I passed a display for a new chocolate bar: 70% cacao (I'm all about the dark chocolate) with a cherry and chili filling. If I hadn't read this post I still probably would have managed to keep on walking, but my naturual curiosity combined with a good review proved too much for me.

And I have to say, it's quite yummy. I agree the chili could use a little more kick, but it's quite yummy.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 09:34 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sheesh - she (J) called me a dork. I mean seriously - ok so I am Swiss and like chocolate. But oh shock - not ALL KINDS OF CHOCOLATE. I am not too much into dark chocolate but I went and gave this dark cherry-chili filling chocolate a try and tasted some. It is not all bad I must say - interesting flavour combination and there I performed (so it seems) a chocolate crime. I did NOT eat a whole square but broke a piece off. With the result that she called me a dork. A DORK - sheesh - seriously ;-)

 
At 09:36 , Blogger swissmiss said...

Well seriously. What kind of dork judges a chocolate bar without even eating a whole square?

 
At 09:37 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sigh - there it is again the DORK word - sheesh ;-)

 
At 18:44 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, the word Sheesh is kind of dorky , I must say. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home