Friday, December 15, 2006

The ghost of blood tests past

I just got the bill for my blood test. You know, the blood test to confirm that the FET failed, the test that was pretty much superfluous on account of my, you know, massive period. Yeah, that blood test.

And how often can I combine infertility and expat life in a single blog post? A beta test costs 51.30 Swiss Francs, which at the current conversion is US$41.97. How's that for killing two Vögel with one Stein?

And to throw in some non-Swissness for good measure, I won't be rushing to pay that bill before the holidays.

Wow was that an efficient post! Infertility, snark, random Switzerland fact, a German lesson, and a cultural faux pas in under 100 words (not counting this sentence)! Perhaps I shall retire, for how can I top that?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 21:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh why not be totally unswiss and wait for the mahnung to come (!)

 
At 04:15 , Blogger junebee said...

Wow, that's some stream of consciousness!

 
At 12:17 , Blogger swissmiss said...

Egads Melanie, a Mahnung! Not sure I could do it...

But, the bill is directly from the lab and not Dr. L's office and I don't care if I piss off the lab, whereas I do try to pay Dr. L right smart.

Junebee - I'm so tired stream of consciousness is all I've got!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home